Daily Dana Offering
What is Dana Offering?
I. Dana means generously giving meals to Sanga with faith and respect. Offering refers to providing charitable meals to devotees and the public. Though only one meal is offered, one can earn vast merit.
II. Five karmic results attained from Dana Offering:
- Gracious, charming and respectful appearance, admired and well-liked by peers.
- Excellent and unrivalled strength to support and fulfil a layperson's duties.
- Longevity, healthy, rebirth in a good destination, in the heavenly worlds.
- Obtain great wealth and timely fulfillment of needs, gains security from dangers such as nature disasters, thieves, kings, and unloved heirs.
- With pure and wondrous voice, all listeners would easily comprehend, believe and put into practice.
III. Vegetarianism as a way of protecting life:
Holding a compassionate heart, refraining from killing and protecting life, vegetarianism is virtuous deeds of enhancing the noble qualities of generosity and joyful giving.
🔶 Note: If there is any surplus, it will be transferred to our Donation Box for Dharma propagation use and to help those in need so that the merits from your donation will grow endlessly.
🔶 BW Monastery reserves the final right to make changes to the dedication names if they are not written according to the proposed format.